Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- You act as single point of contact for all things US law at Climeworks and you efficiently provide legal advice.
- You negotiate, draft, review and administrate US law agreements of the Climeworks group.
- You advise on and implement related processes and tools such as contract templates.
- You support technical and business teams in all legal matters with the aim of minimizing their efforts for legal matters.
- You coordinate external legal counsel, and you design and implement scalable work processes to ensure US law legal compliance of the Climeworks group.
- You draft and refine US law template contracts and other legal documents.
- You prepare training documentation and conduct trainings on legal matters relevant to the business or technical teams you are advising.
- Building and growing a US legal team.
- Master’s degree in US law.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one US state or the District of Columbia.
- At least three years in an in-house position.
- Extensive (at least 5 years) experience in negotiating, drafting and reviewing US law governed contracts.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Precise and reliable working style and financial literacy.
- Strong commercial and business mindset.
- Practical approach and excellent communication skills.
- Business fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel for 10-20% (domestic US travels).
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.