Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to develop and design Climeworks products.
- You validate new mechanical design solutions using either testing, simulation or rapid prototyping.
- You create 3D models and fabrication drawings required for product manufacturing and on-site building in compliance with relevant norms, guidelines and safety standards.
- You carry out and approve strength calculations, designs and proofs.
- You execute final factory inspections and release design documentation.
- You optimize components with regard to their functionality, service-friendliness, mass production, transport, installation on site and commissioning.
- You interact with and acquire new suppliers and external consultancies to ensure quality.
- You consult and give guidance to other design engineers and teams.
- You have completed a degree from a technical school in mechanical engineering or any related technical discipline.
- You have at least 15 years of work experience in the machine or plant construction industry.
- You are experienced in 3D/2D design as well as welding, piping, and sheet metal constructions.
- You are familiar with current standards in mechanical engineering, plant engineering, and construction.
- You are a reliable person who has a structured way of working, consistently delivers high-quality work, and is willing to learn.
- You are self-driven, a good communicator, and a team player.
- You are fluent in English and any German knowledge is a plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.