Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to define, architect, maintain and operate the cloud infrastructure to provide the required IT services to the business units.
- You analyze, design/architect, and enhance the existing cloud infrastructure to meet the business demands.
- You coordinate and organize communication with the cloud operations center.
- You support and operate the cloud environment efficiently and document the processes in collaboration with our cloud operations center.
- You analyze, design/architect, and execute software packaging and deployment using cloud-based management tools.
- You collaborate with the business to ensure the capture and documentation of all infrastructure requirements.
- You provide cloud engineering expertise to support IT project teams, including the project manager, and contribute to defining design documents.
- You actively participate in incident, request fulfillment, and change management processes following ITIL standards to resolve incidents and requests related to the cloud infrastructure.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar field.
- You possess the Microsoft AZ-900 certification or are willing to pursue that certification.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in an IT organization as a technical engineer.
- You have experience working on Azure Cloud with an Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) based approach.
- You have experience working with Microsoft Cloud Management Tools, such as Intune.
- You prioritize customer (business unit) needs with a solution-oriented approach.
- Your friendly and supportive demeanor, coupled with strong collaboration and communication skills, fosters effective teamwork.
- You are business fluent in English.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for this position.