Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to enable Climeworks’ Roadmap to reach 1 Gigaton of capture capacity per year by 2050 by ensuring that the most value creating DAC+S (Direct Air Capture + Storage) projects are being implemented.
- You lead the preparation and review of the business cases for the project development pipeline projects.
- You set appropriate KPIs for the financial success of each project.
- You lead the implementation of financial due diligence of the project development pipeline projects in alignment with the defined needs of the stage gate process and have a de-risked business case ready for the gate reviews.
- You possess rigorous change management in relation to all parameters that affect the business case.
- You ensure close alignment with the finance team on financial modeling and due diligence results that impact the business case.
- You support project managers on the visibility of business case changes in comparison to the agreed goals and KPIs and provide founded information on tradeoffs.
- You support the project pipeline planning with the required input to prioritize the Project Development project portfolio.
- You support public funding teams with information on the status of the business case for the reporting (e.g. for the DOE).
- You have a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in business, economics or a related discipline.
- You have 5-7 years of proven experience in project management, specifically adept at overseeing the business case aspects of capital projects within the energy or chemical industries.
- You have ownership experience in project finance and business cases, demonstrated in a project development or EPC environment.
- You can think out of the box in an uncertain and ever-changing environment and are willing to develop new and innovative commercial structures around DAC assets.
- You possess strong communication, negotiation and coordination skills.
- You are a dynamic, committed, resilient team player with the ability to guide high performing development teams through project selection.
- On top of that, you are willing to travel up to 10% and you live in Austin, TX or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.