Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to lead instrumentation and controls engineering for our DAC capture plants in the US as well as helping establish our US team. These will be the first plants of their kind in the US and among the largest in the world.
- You partner with our USA subcontractors and our Zurich-based engineering team to deliver the plant controls while maintaining quality, cost, and schedule.
- You report progress, escalate issues, and recommend solutions to the Project Engineering Manager.
- You support technical aspects of contracts/change requests.
- You contribute to architecting the control system and to specifying controls functions.
- You support our commissioning teams to bring plants into operation.
- As one of the first US-based employees of our rapidly growing company, you will help to develop our company culture in our US entity.
- You hold a Bachelor of Science in an engineering or computer science-related field.
- You have 7+ years of experience in industrial controls and automation, including at least one year using DCS systems.
- You are a system-level thinker and controls all-rounder, able to solve problems involving hardware, software, sensors, actuators, networking, and plant engineering.
- You are experienced with DCS systems, PLC controls, controller programming languages, industrial fieldbuses, and typical instrumentation and actuators.
- You have had experience commissioning plants in energy, food, pharma manufacturing, etc.
- You are a strong communicator with a structured working style and a record of delivering results.
- You are motivated to enter the fast-growing climate technology sector.
Disclaimer: This position requires relocation to Austin, TX with travel to Kansas City, MO. Are you willing to relocate and travel?
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We don’t accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.