Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- As the Electrical and Instrumentation Equipment Supervisor in our manufacturing plant, your key role involves supervising equipment installation, maintenance, and repairs. You lead the assembly team to ensure safe, efficient work, adhering to project documentation and industry standards. Your responsibilities also encompass ensuring project deadlines, accurate record-keeping, and collaborating with engineering teams to implement change.
- You are responsible for overseeing the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and instrumentation equipment at the manufacturing plant.
- You supervise the assembly team, ensuring that all the work is completed efficiently, safely, and according to project documentation, Climeworks and/or applicable.
- You ensure that all work is completed within the established.
- You are responsible for maintaining accurate records of all work performed and preparing reports as necessary.
- You ensure implementation of engineering changes in coordination with engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in E&I related manufacturing supervision roles-
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations (e.g. ATEX)-
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain, manufacturing and Construction Quality.
- Understanding of Quality requirements related to E&I systems.
- Strong understanding of shop floor management.
- Experience working on at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, petrochemical facilities and/or renewables industries’) sector project as an Owner or Owner's representative during Construction, Commissioning and Start-up.
- Experience participating in project risk, lessons learned, schedule, management of change and design review sessions.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenges during manufacturing and testing of machines.
- Providing input into weekly product management reports
- Promoting effective communication by ensuring that open communication between the parties is maintained.
- Knowledge of up-to-date assembly line techniques.
- Proven practical understanding of E&I assembly principles.
- Working knowledge of regulation, standards and codes.
- General knowledge of wiring diagrams, terminal matrix, cable plans.
- Experience in leading E&I assembly teams.
- Demonstrated strong decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to remain calm while taking charge in critical situations.
- Business fluent in English.
- Willingness to travel 70%.
Disclaimer: You are living in Austin, Texas or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward to meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.