Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission as Front End Development Manager at Climeworks is to lead the early development of Direct Air Capture and Storage (DAC+S) projects at suitable locations world wide.
- You take ownership of this process by reviewing established selection criteria, establishing a business case in close alignment with all internal and external stakeholders and developing that site towards readiness for project execution.
- You lead the Climeworks project team through the early front-end stages of a DAC+S project such as Conceptual, Pre-FEED and FEED.
- You manage stakeholder engagement activities including community outreach and permitting activities for the selected site.
- You establish contacts to partners, energy and service providers and lead relevant contract negotiations.
- You have 8+ years of work experience in project development or management of early stage (front-end) industrial projects.
- You have experience in managing Stakeholder & Community engagement for large-scale industrial projects, with demonstrated track record of constructively incorporating stakeholder priorities into project planning.
- You have a strong network among international project development companies.
- You enjoy collaborating cross-functional with different departments and are well-versed with PPA negotiations, Front End Loading (FEL) processes and with contracting and handling EPCs incl. claims management.
- You consider yourself a team player, motivator, and decision maker.
- You are willing to travel up to 60% and you are fluent in English.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.