Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to support the financing efforts to enable the scale-up of our plants and the overall Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR) market.
- You co-develop, modify and enhance financial models that form the backbone of financing efforts and management decisions.
- You support with the evaluation of financing opportunities and preparation of sound and concise content for negotiations and funding applications.
- You contribute to successfully deliver on various operational tasks within the Corporate Finance mandate, such as reporting for the board and investors.
- You work closely with our finance, policy and project development team and act as a role model for Climeworks’ core values.
- You are motivated to join us for 6-12 months (Start in January / extension possible).
- You have completed or are close to completing a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or a related field; previous work experience in finance (corporate or startup) is a plus. (Your graduation is no more than one year ago.)
- You are curious about new technologies and working in the finance department of a growing startup that strives for global market-leadership in an emerging industry.
- You can grasp and evaluate complex issues holistically.
- You have strong numerical skills and possess a high attention to detail.
- You have a very good understanding of finance concepts, are experienced in (financial) modelling and proficient in using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are proactive, show ownership for your tasks and feel comfortable to work in an entrepreneurial environment and frequently interacting with key decision makers.
- You are fluent in English – German knowledge is a plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.