Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to be an integral part of the project team, dedicated to delivering high-quality projects that align with our goals and visions.
- You will provide leadership identifying design, schedule, cost, quality, and reliability risks and pro-actively work with other staff to quantify or qualify the risks, so that timely decisions can be made for the benefit of the project. This also entails providing detailed technical information on all aspects of mainly static and, to a lesser extent, rotating equipment at the request of other project disciplines.
- You will be dedicated and accountable to the Project Manager/Director to support the design processes so that a complete design package is delivered to the organization as per the agreed schedule.
- You will report directly to the Project Engineering Manager so that the organization maintains a single point accountability for the overall Equipment design.
- You provide input to the development of project specifications, bid packages, work execution packages, etc.
- You will coordinate external partners and EPC Contractors along the life cycle project, to ensure meeting schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the Climeworks’ expectations, scope, budget and schedule.
- You support the EPC Mechanical engineering group to produce the FEED, detail design, Mechanical deliverables and studies.
- You work with Project team on Equipment design, site preparation activities, technical bid evaluations, construction work packages, document reviews, commissioning package support, vendor shop inspections.
- You interface with Operation and Maintenance to ensure cross boundary issues are identified and resolved effectively.
- You interact with vendor's to resolve technical deviations and design standard exceptions.
- You work as part of execution project team to support other engineering discipline such as on Piping design, facilities and systems for Direct Air Capture plants.
- You actively participate in relevant reviews including: P&ID reviews, HAZOPS, Design reviews, Value Engineering, and any independent reviews as necessary.
- You are responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Climeworks Quality Assurance systems.
- You also are responsible for personal safety and working within the Climeworks Health &Safety procedures.
- You will work on site for some periods to provide Construction support where needed.
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have experience working on at least one project in chemical, petrochemical or renewables’ industry as an Owner or Owner's representative at all post phases of a project (FEED, Detailed design, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up).
- You have at least 10 years' experience in process plants as a mechanical static equipment engineer with API and ASME static equipment like heat exchangers, columns, pressure vessel, storage tanks and packaged auxiliary equipment. Preference is for actual experience in operating units as a maintenance engineer or operating engineer.
- You also have at least 10 years' experience with the contents of API standards, ASME/ANSI standards, Hydraulic Institute documents and Power test codes.
- You are familiar with identifying mechanical static equipment inspection and testing plan.
- You gathered at least 5 years' experience with API and ANSI type rotating equipment and associated auxiliary equipment. This includes items such as seal plans, lube oil systems, control schemes, maintenance requirements, and operating procedures.
- You gained at least 5 years' experience in rotating equipment inspection and testing protocols for new rotating equipment.
- You also have at least 10 years' experience reviewing or creating project deliverables such as technical bid evaluations, technical deviations, materials of construction selections, and project decision records.
- You demonstrated ability to initiate and champion new technologies and evaluate project opportunity.
- You have experience in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors.
- You have excellent organizational leadership, interpersonal and technical skills.
- You are eligible to travel and work in the USA and a Driver's License is required for business travel.
Disclaimer: This position requires relocation to Austin, TX with travel to Kansas City, MO. Are you willing to relocate and travel?
What We Offer:At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.