Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to maintain a safe and compliant plant operation (Safety culture without compromises).
- You drive and report maintenance KPIs and costs.
- You implement and maintain the Orca & Mammoth Plants incl. setup of the space parts management.
- You plan and develop the calibration and maintenance regimes for mechanical & rotating equipment, piping, instrumentation, electrical & control systems equipment for the Orca & Mammoth Plants.
- You execute and report planned and unplanned maintenance activities of the Orca & Mammoth Plants on mechanical & rotating equipment, piping, instrumentation, electrical & control systems equipment.
- You maintain required processes and tools.
- You completed a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering or related disciplines.
- You have at least 12 years work experience in operation and maintenance in the process engineering industry.
- You demonstrated operation and maintenance experience with mechanical & rotating equipment, piping, instrumentation, electrical & control system equipment.
- You have experience in ramp up and commercial plant operation & maintenance incl. plant improvement.
- You have proven work experience in a scale-up and/or first of its kind environment.
- You have detailed technical knowledge and capabilities in the areas of mechanical & rotating equipment, piping, process instrumentation, control equipment (valves, etc), electrical and DCS systems.
- You have a proven multi year plant operation and maintenance track record in power, process, or similar industries.
- You are proficient in implementing and operating CMMS system within process engineering industry.
- You drive to achieve unprecedented performance in scale-up venture. You are affine to structures, processes, and tools and are Key Performance Indicator driven.
- You are a strong coordinator communicator and collaborator. You are persistent and aim for continuous improvement at all times.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You are motivated to travel up to 60%.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.