Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to maintain a safe and compliant plant operation (Safety culture without compromises).
- You plan and execute the assigned daily Orca & Mammoth Plant operation tasks and the plant optimization projects.
- You implement, operate and maintain the Orca & Mammoth Plant.
- You maintain required processes and tools.
- You completed a B.Sc. degree or equivalent in process engineering or related discipline.
- You have at least 2 years in plant commissioning, operation and maintenance in the process engineering industry, thereof at least 1 year in O&M.
- You have proven work experience in a scale-up and/or first-of-its kind environment.
- You have a proven operation and maintenance track-record in the process engineering industry.
- You have experience in processing the engineering design and commissioning track-record.
- You are a strong coordinator, communicator and collaborator.
- You are structured and a fast decision taker.
- You are continuous, persistent and sustainable improver.
- You are a strong problem solver.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You are motivated to travel 40% of the time.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.