Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to design and modify 3D mechanical and piping models, ensuring accuracy in isometrics and collaborating for seamless project execution. Active participation in design phases and close collaboration with construction teams are key aspects of this integral role.
- You will create and modify detailed mechanical and piping 3D models, layouts, and drawing sets in close collaboration with multidisciplinary engineers.
- You are entrusted with the responsibility of extracting and preparing piping isometric drawings and spool drawings.
- You will review piping isometrics for accuracy, ensuring that Material Take-Offs (MTOs) are correctly included.
- You will be responsible for preparing mechanical construction drawings and shop drawings for field implementation.
- You will manage and review external pipe stress simulations as a key contributor.
- You will work closely with Structural design engineers to incorporate pipe support details into structural drawing sets.
- You will collaborate with a multi-discipline design team to deliver clash-free designs and models.
- You will actively participate in design and construction phases, contributing to schematic design, design development, construction documents, and close-out.
- You act as integral part of the team and will provide 3D virtual simulations to enhance the visualization of the project.
- You will produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings to communicate design intent.
- You will conduct regular field visits, collaborating with the construction team to ensure construction feasibility and value engineering are reflected in design and models.
- You will assist in reviewing Requests for Information (RFIs) and submittals during the construction administration phase.
- You, following the guidance of Piping, Pipe Stress, and Structural Engineers, will assist in updating Master Specifications for pipe supports.
- You will assign ancillary materials to fabrication parts to enhance the level of detail in isometric drawings and material take-offs, consulting with material engineers as needed.
- You should possess an Associate’s degree or higher in CAD, drafting, piping design, or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a 3D piping, pipe support designer/fabrication detailer in major mechanical construction or on an owner-operator design team for high-tech facilities (semiconductor, petrochemical, etc.), where you will bring valuable expertise.
- You are required to have practical knowledge of best practices in piping and plant arrangement design applicable to various-sized projects.
- You have practical knowledge of piping and plant arrangement-related standards such as OSHA, ASME B31 Series, ASME BPVC Sec. VIII, ASME B16 Series, NFPA, ASTM, API, EPA, PIP.
- You should have experience in process piping detailing and have proficiency in one or more state-of-the-art software suites for your role is necessary.
- You have a good understanding of piping and pipe support design, piping construction methods, welding methods, etc.
- You also have a good understanding of P&ID diagrams and knowledge of the application of ASME pressure vessel codes is essential for you in this position.
Disclaimer: You are living in Austin, Texas or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers ;
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.