Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to be the Subject Matter Expert in cost control of our EPC projects working as an integral part of the project management team.
- You will ensure that cost management best practices are implemented, contribute to their development and improvement, and provide reports on project control matters including cost, productivity, and variances.
- You work with the project team and contractors to develop and set up various project cost reports and progress, manpower and commodity reports, and assist in the preparation of TIC estimates by providing actual project related data, trends and project changes.
- You prepare end of month reports and management presentations, as well as monthly cash flow reports, Long-Range Plans (LRP) and provide clarifications related to changes in cash flow/LRP.
- You implement financial risk forecasting and change order management as per established procedures and keep track record of all PDNs, RFIs, change requests and trends on the project to ensure that the actual, budgets and forecast are maintained in line with changes and trends.
- You keep track of usage of various project allowances and contingency and maintain drawdown curves.
- You establish and maintain project cost databases to reflect project cost history, enabling benchmarking with TIC estimate and preparation of Project Close out report.
- You completed an engineering degree and you have 5-8 years experience of project cost control experience in refining, chemical, Petro-Chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sectors.
- You gained experience working in an EPC environment, managing EPCs and with working on at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, Petro-Chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’) sector project as an Owner or Owner's representative at all post DBM phases of a project.
- You gained experience working with project groups, in all project phases and with the execution of full life cycle costs as well as with project scoping and participating in project risk.
- You have experience in project controls of large-scale process industry projects in the US at > USD$100MM, and you have demonstrated the ability to solve the hardest people challenges in multiple areas of a business.
- You have knowledge of up-to-date business processes and best practices as utilized on Major/Mega Projects and proven practical understanding of project management principles and best practices and with Cost/Progress/Productivity and Planning/Cost/Scheduling/Progress/Productivity data analysis and forecasting techniques.
- You are highly proficient at use of Excel or other tools for cost control, as well as ERP systems to find historical cost data and databases.
- You have working knowledge of cost risk analysis and associated software and experience in implementing industry standard Change management processes and the ability to direct contractors on matters related to Cost Control and Change Management.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Up to 30% travel is expected, with peaks during project execution. Physical presence is expected in the office or on-site.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.