Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to be the Subject Matter Expert in cost estimation of our EPC projects working as an integral part of the project management team.
- You will own all Climeworks’ CAPEX cost estimates, organizing those built externally in the past and, moving forward, internally building cost estimates across multiple geographies.
- You will develop, own and continuously improve our cost estimation models, database and tools to ensure accuracy and standardization of our estimating processes.
- You are expected to interface cross-functional and provide cost estimation support for project development and product development teams to generate cost estimates of all Classes.
- You will bring industry knowledge from estimation of industrial facilities to Climeworks and adapt this to develop fit for purpose estimating tools for the direct air capture industry – both for balance of plant equipment and the DAC machine itself.
- You will work closely with our engineering teams to determine and optimize the major cost drivers in our DAC Plants and improve these in our technology generations. At times, you will need to perform MTO/QTOs yourself from engineering drawings to develop estimates.
- You will work with procurement to analyze historical data and build our DAC estimating database from As Built projects.
- You will provide cost estimation support for the procurement team during the competitive bid process.
- You are well-organized and can build tools that can be sustained for ongoing use by the Climeworks’ project controls organization.
- You will be expected to present and defend cost estimates to the executive team and be challenged both technically and commercially numbers – requiring an understanding of the engineering and economic cost drivers.
- You are expected to work closely with project cost controllers and provide mentorship on financial risk and contingency use.
- You completed a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or Construction Management.
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience in project management, cost control and/or cost estimation.
- You also gathered experience using industry cost estimation tools (beyond Microsoft Excel spreadsheets) is expected e.g. Aspen Capital Cost Estimator, RSMeans, Cleopatra, etc.
- You have knowledge and feel of costs in existing and emergent markets with applicable experience in preferably both Europe and the United States of America.
- You also gained experience in industrial gas facilities, petrochemical plants or oil and gas is preferred.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills are needed.
- You are up to 30% travel is expected with physical presence expected in the office or on-site.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.