Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the highest quality standards and that all deliverables meet Climeworks’ requirements.
- You take part in developing quality assurance and control processes and procedures and are responsible for implementing and maintaining them.
- You monitor the performance of the suppliers and collaborate with the project team to resolve quality issues and non-conformances.
- You are responsible for quality assurance of vendors, contractors, and sub-contractors and their scope of work for US Projects.
- You coordinate quality control efforts for vendors, contractors, and sub-contractors and their scope of work in US Projects.
- You act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for issues related to Quality, including inspection & testing, reviewing and interpreting inspection results/records, and interpreting specifications, codes, and standards from a quality perspective and their applicability for specific use.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical Engineering, Quality Management, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in quality control, quality assurance, or a related field, with a strong focus on EPC projects.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations, such as ISO 9001, NFPA codes and standards, OSHA regulations, HazLoc
- Strong knowledge of measuring, control and instrumentation in process plants, including its installation and inspection.
- Thorough understanding of Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Strong understanding of Inspection & Test Planning.
- Experience working on at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’) sector project as an Owner or Owner's representative during Construction, Commissioning and Start-up.
- Experience participating in project risk, lessons learned, schedule, management of change and design review sessions.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to solve the hardest quality challenges during engineering, fabrication and construction.
- Knowledge of up-to-date quality processes and best practices as utilized on Major/ Mega Projects.
- Strong knowledge of construction legislation and regulation, standards and codes.
- Demonstrated strong decision making, critical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to remain calm while taking charge in critical situations
- Business fluent in English and Spanish.
- Willingness to travel 70%. Extended stays at construction sites are possible.
Disclaimer: You are located in Texas or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.