Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to ensure electrical engineering for industrial scale Direct Air Capture (DAC) plant projects being delivered on time, in scope, and according to the budget.
- You develop smart electrical system concepts for scaling up DAC plants.
- You define the concept and create technical specifications for the plant’s electrical system, and its connection to the transmission grid.
- You plan and execute electrical engineering within DAC plant execution projects, guide the project team through the process and ensure scope, quality and cost targets are met.
- You lead the internal project team as well as external project partners and motivate and drive an efficient collaboration within the team.
- You provide mentorship to your peers and inspire a culture of sharing and mutual learning.
- You develop and document efficient work processes and make sure lessons learned are collected within the team and implemented in future projects.
- You have a university degree in electrical engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience in a similar role and 5-7 years of work experience in the field of design / planning of electrical systems for large scale industrial plants and/or substations.
- You have experience in leading a project from the conceptual design to the as built stage.
- You can coordinate and lead equipment suppliers, securing delivery of scope and services according to schedule and budget.
- You have deep know-how in engineering of high voltage and low voltage systems.
- You are familiar with the current standards and directives in electrical engineering.
- You are a reliable person who has a structured way of working, are self-driven and are willing to take ownership.
- You have excellent communication skills and love to work in an interdisciplinary team and enjoy using your mentoring and coaching skills to motivate your team.
- You have experience in project management, operations, commissioning, and automation is a plus.
- On top of that are you fluent in English and ideally German? Then we are keen to get to know you.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.