Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated individual to play a critical role in ensuring the successful production of our proprietary DAC machines (collector containers, CCs) from our external manufacturing partners. Your deliverable will be to ensure that the CCs are manufactured to product design specs and prints, working to ensure that manufacturing issues are solved and manufacturing progress can continue unhindered. You will collaborate with product design and supply chain for ramp-up of new suppliers, support Design For Manufacture processes for new products and ensure feedback loops from manufacturing to design are closed, to optimize existing designs. Steel fabrication and machine assembly experience is preferred.
- Your mission at Climeworks is to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including design, procurement, and quality assurance, to resolve technical issues and implement corrective actions during production of our proprietary DAC capture units.
- You work closely with the product design team to implement Design for Manufacture (DFM) principles, ensuring that designs are optimized for efficient and cost-effective manufacturing.
- You develop strong working relationships with contract manufacturers, providing technical support, guidance, and overseeing their performance to meet production targets, and cost / quality benchmarks.
- You work with the Quality organisation to investigate non-conformances and deviations from suppliers.
- You provide technical input to make v buy decisions.
- You provide technical input for RFQ development for product assembly and sub-assemblies.
- You hold a bachelor in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering.
- You have practical experience in design for manufacturing, vendor supervision, problem solving.
- You demonstrated experience in manufacturing processes, focused on mechanical joining and welding, assembly & testing.
- You have at least a minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or manufacturing project management.
- You gathered experience in ramping manufacturing from prototype to serial production.
- You have excellent communication and technical skills.
- You are willing to approximately travel 30%, can be more during project execution or building up of new suppliers.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.