Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to be part of the project team to deliver high quality projects to the Climeworks goals and visions.
- You will provide leadership by identifying design, schedule, cost, quality, and reliability risks and actively work with other staff to quantify or qualify the risks, so that timely decisions can be made for the benefit of the project. This also entails providing detailed technical information on all aspects of mainly static and, to a lesser extent, rotating equipment at the request of other project disciplines.
- You will report to the Group Lead Mechanical & CSA at basis level and directly to the Project Engineering Manager at project level, to support the design processes so that a complete design package is delivered to the organization, which maintains a single point accountability for the overall Equipment design. You provide input to the development of project specifications, bid packages, work execution packages, etc.
- You will coordinate external partners and EPC Contractors along the life cycle project, to ensure meeting schedules and the technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the Climeworks’ expectations, scope, budget and schedule.
- You support the EPC Mechanical engineering group to produce the FEED, detail design, Mechanical deliverables and studies.
- You work with the Project team on Equipment design, site preparation activities, technical bid evaluations, construction work packages, document reviews, commissioning package support, vendor shop inspections.
- You interface with Operation and Maintenance to ensure cross boundary issues are identified and resolved effectively.
- You interact with vendor's to resolve technical deviations and design standard exceptions.
- You are working as part of execution project team to support other engineering discipline such as on Piping design, facilities and systems for Direct Air Capture plants.
- You actively participate in relevant reviews including: P&ID reviews, HAZOPS, Design reviews, Value Engineering, and any independent reviews as necessary.
- You are responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Climeworks Quality Assurance systems.
- You are also responsible for personal safety and working within the Climeworks Health &Safety procedures.
- You will work on site for some periods to provide Construction support where needed.
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have experience working on at least one project in chemical, petrochemical or renewables’ industry as an Owner or Owner's representative at all post phases of a project (FEED, Detailed design, Construction, Commissioning and Start-up).
- You have at least 10 years' experience in process plants as a mechanical static equipment engineer with API/ASME and/or EN ISO static equipment like heat exchangers, columns, pressure vessels, storage tanks and packaged auxiliary equipment.
- You also have at least 10 years' experience with the contents of API standards, ASME/ANSI and/or EN ISO standards, Hydraulic Institute documents and Performance test codes.
- You are familiar with identifying mechanical static equipment inspection and testing plans.
- You gathered at least 5 years' experience with API /ANSI and/or EN ISO type rotating equipment and associated auxiliary equipment. This includes items such as seal plans, lube oil systems, control schemes, maintenance requirements, and operating procedures.
- You gained at least 5 years' experience in rotating equipment inspection and testing protocols for new rotating equipment.
- You also have at least 10 years' experience reviewing or creating project deliverables such as technical bid evaluations, technical deviations, materials for construction selections, and project decision records.
- You demonstrated the ability to initiate and champion new technologies and evaluate project opportunities.
- You additionally have experience in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors.
- You have excellent organizational leadership, interpersonal and technical skills.
- You own a driver's license that is required for business travel.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.