Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to be an integral part of the project team, dedicated to delivering high-quality projects that align with our goals and visions.
- You will be dedicated and accountable to the Project Manager/Director to support the design processes so that a complete design package is delivered to the organization as per the agreed schedule.
- You will report directly to the Lead Engineer Piping so that the organization maintains a single point accountability for the overall General Arrangement of our plants.
- You provide input to the development of project specifications, bid packages, work execution packages, etc.
- You will coordinate external partners and EPC Contractors along the life cycle project, to ensure meeting schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the Climework’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule.
- You support the EPC 3D model and Piping group to produce the FEED, detail design, fabrication and construction deliverables and studies.
- You review, update and provide guidance on the Plant Design with a multidisciplinary integrated vision: steel structures and civil works, architectural, mechanical, piping, and electrical Design.
- You work as part of coordinating the plant design with process engineering and integrate different component drawings necessary for it, coming from multidisciplinary Engineering suppliers.
- You must have demonstrated knowledge in Designing and implementing 3D model planning principles, fulfilling safety requirements, functionality, logistics, easy assembling, and establishing the maintenance plant concept to be able to manage a team of specialists.
- You actively participate in setting up bills of material and introduce articles into our ERP system.
- You are responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Climeworks Quality Assurance systems.
- You develop and or update Climeworks specifications and procedures related to 3D model development.
- You are also responsible for personal safety and working within the Climeworks Health &Safety procedures.
- You will work on site for some periods to provide Construction support where needed.
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or technical diploma with equivalent years of experience with plant general arrangements.
- You have advanced knowledge of AutoCad, Microstation, S3D, or other 3D Plant design tools.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in refining, chemical, petrochemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sector projects.
- You are familiar with industry standards such as ANSI, API, ASME (B31.1 and B31.3).
- You gained good knowledge of international standards, machinery codes and regulations for Process Plants.
- You gathered experience in detailing piping systems with a variety of materials and equipment layouts.
- You have working knowledge of process, maintenance and construction methods.
- You also have experience developing process plant layouts and initial bill of materials from discipline drawings, including P&ID’s.
- You demonstrated ability to initiate and champion new technologies and evaluate project opportunity.
- You also gathered experience in project scoping, feasibility studies and relative economics analysis.
- You have experience in defining FEED and Detailed Engineering deliverables and in Process Plant Layouts and Design.
- You also gathered experience in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors.
- You have excellent organizational leadership, interpersonal and technical skills.
- You are eligible to travel and work in the USA.
Disclaimer: This position requires relocation to Austin, TX with travel to Kansas City, MO. Are you willing to relocate and travel?
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.