Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to enable rapid testing of new product ideas and concepts, delivering reliable results to make continue, pivot, or kill decisions. You operate, monitor, and plan test facilities to enable product development.
- You operate existing test facilities and monitor plant performance to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- You coordinate and monitor test operations, addressing any issues that arise promptly.
- You assist in the commissioning of both new and existing test facilities and prototypes, ensuring they meet operational standards.
- You execute test activities for product development, including testing new hardware components, sorbent materials, and adsorption processes, to guarantee reproducible test results.
- You set and adhere to testing requirements for product development, ensuring the quality and integrity of tests.
- You ensure the quality of measurements and data meets required standards, facilitating accurate and reliable analysis.
- You enable further data evaluation and maintain a seamless flow of information for ongoing projects.
- You work in close collaboration with the site manager and other teams/departments to plan, construct, adjust, and commission new test facilities.
- You support and suggest optimizations to current test setups, overseeing the implementation of approved adjustments.
- You engage in the development and optimization of testing facilities to enhance overall efficiency and effectiveness.
You have completed your studies in mechanical engineering or similar field.
- You have at least 10 years of practical work experience in a similar position.
- You have experience in the Gas or Oil industry and Power Plants.
- You possess hands-on experience in testing and prototyping.
- You have knowledge of testing process designs on a large scale and Thermo- and Fluid dynamics.
- You have the ability to work in a team and coordinate work packages.
- You can work with unknown or lacking information, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- You exhibit excellent communication and organization skills, along with interdisciplinary team compatibility.
- You work in an independent, reliable, and structured way, coupled with quality awareness and willingness to learn.
- You are proficient in both German and English,
- You are willing to travel occasionally.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for this position.