Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to develop and grow Climeworks’ sales revenue by acquiring new customers and retaining/growing our existing customer base, with a focus on the professional services and insurance sector.
- Your main focus is on acquiring new customers which you will do successfully by: ongoing prospecting, building relationships with key stakeholders, creating and delivering customized presentations in person and online, providing written proposals and subject matter expertise for products, and negotiating long term contracts.
- You work strategically with other teams to improve conversion and retention rates.
- You work cross functionally to connect the marketing, sales, and client management functions.
- You serve on business working groups and represent Climeworks at speaking engagements.
- You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Environmental sciences or Economics.
- You have 4 - 8 years of relevant work experience in B2B sales (multi-million value & for multiple years) by selling to large companies in the professional services or insurance industry (insurances, consulting companies, etc.) on C-level. Prior experience in the carbon credit market is a big plus.
- You are a skillful negotiator and you have the ability to translate and explain complex concepts clearly and easily to a wide audience.
- You are a creative problem solver who can structure solutions for diverse client requirements and are self-motivated with strong time management skills.
- On top of that, you are fluent in English and you are willing to travel up to 30%.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.