Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to pave the way for global growth of Direct Air Capture of CO2 as an industry and enable Climeworks to stay ahead of the game.
- You ensure this by advocating for DAC and highlighting its global potential as an essential tool for achieving large-scale carbon removal.
- You lead the effort on helping to build a high integrity carbon removal market on national levels, EU, UNFCCC and VCM to integrate DAC into Net Zero strategies and help build compliance markets to stimulate offtake demand.
- You develop and implement strategies to create government funding options in markets where Climeworks has project interests.
- You develop and execute policy strategies to pave the way for DAC adoption in key markets, staying involved in CCS & Renewable Energy policies and the wider political landscapes.
- You expand and lead a global team of policy experts, instilling a "winning" mentality and identify opportunities to create favorable positions for Climeworks.
- You manage existing and establish new DAC and carbon removal industry groups, networks, and thought leadership.
- You have a university degree in Public Policy, Economics/Management, Law, or in a related field.
- You possess strong policy experience in Energy and/or Climate, with a proven track record of creating government funding options. In depth CCS and of course CDR expertise and experience is a strong plus.
- You have in-depth knowledge of climate and energy policy, ideally both in EU and US.
- With your winning mentality, you constantly identify new business opportunities for Climeworks and enable those through policy and advocacy.
- You have experience in leading a global team of policy experts and hiring high potential candidates to grow the team.
- You possess a relevant global network, and you feel comfortable navigating high-level government circles and engaging with local stakeholders.
- You are fluent in English with a willingness to travel internationally up to 30%.
Location: This position is open for candidates living in or willing to relocate to Austin, TX or Zurich, Switzerland.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- Equity part, making you a shareholder in our company.
- US-specific: A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology.
Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers ;
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.