Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to be an integral part of the project team, dedicated to delivering high-quality projects that align with our goals and visions.
- You will be dedicated and accountable to the Project Manager/Director to support the design processes so that a complete design package is delivered to the organization as per the agreed schedule.
- You will report directly to the Project Engineering Manager so that the organization maintains a single point accountability for the overall Piping design.
- You provide input to the development of project specifications, bid packages, work execution packages, etc.
- You will coordinate external partners and EPC Contractors along the life cycle project, to ensure meeting schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the Climework’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule.
- You support the EPC Piping group to produce the FEED, detail design, fabrication and construction Piping deliverables and studies.
- You review, update and provide guidance on the Piping material classes and Piping specifications.
- You work as part of execution project team to support other engineering discipline such as on equipment design, facilities and systems for Direct Air Capture plants.
- You must have demonstrated knowledge in Piping layout, Pipe routing, support design, stress analysis, material selection, MTOs control, material requisitions, bid evaluation and 3D design model reviews to be able to manage a team of specialists.
- You actively participate in relevant reviews including: P&ID reviews, HAZOPS, Design reviews, Value Engineering, and any independent reviews as necessary.
- You are responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Climeworks Quality Assurance systems.
- You are responsible for personal safety and working within the Climeworks Health &Safety procedures.
- You will work on site for some periods to provide Construction support where needed.
- You hold a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have advanced knowledge of AutoCad, Microstation, S3D, or other 3D Plant design tools.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in refining, chemical, petrochemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sector projects.
- You demonstrated ability to initiate and champion new technologies and evaluate project opportunity.
- You gathered experience in project scoping, feasibility studies and relative economics analysis.
- You also have experience in defining FEED and Detailed Engineering piping deliverables.
- You are knowledgeable of ASME B31.3, Piping Standards, Piping Materials, Piping Material Classes, Valves, Piping Layout, Stress Analysis and Piping Supports.
- You also have extensive experience with Piping-related project deliverables.
- You have piping fabrication experience.
- You have prior Piping experience in the design of plants per ASME B31.3.
- You have experience in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors.
- You have excellent organizational leadership, interpersonal and technical skills.
- You are eligible to travel and work in the USA and a Driver's License is required for business travel.
Disclaimer: This position requires relocation to Austin, TX with travel to Kansas City, MO. Are you willing to relocate and travel?
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.