Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission is to enable Climeworks’ Roadmap by finding, developing, and securing the most promising Direct Air Capture and Storage (DAC+S) sites in the US and worldwide.
- You select suitable sites for Climeworks DAC+S projects with the aim of securing these sites long-term for current and future Climeworks projects.
- You are responsible for the project management of site development per site, and you also prepare sites for project implementation.
- You contribute to the maintenance of databases for the selection of sites (geological CO2 storage, energy, regulatory aspects, etc.)
- You develop a list of developers and service providers globally and you determine required contracts with local partners and sites.
- You completed a bachelor’s degree in a technical field or geology.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in site development for industrial plants, ideally in the field of CO2 capture and storage (CCS).
- You have a professional or scientific understanding of the CCS value chain.
- You also gathered professional knowledge of supply, storage, and conversion technologies for energy with a focus on renewable sources.
- You demonstrate excellent communication skills of complex technical content with critical public perception.
- You are business fluent in English and on top of that you are willing to travel occasionally.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.