Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to enable fast testing and validation of new technology ideas and concepts delivering reliable results and striving for measurement excellency while maintaining and developing of testing facilities and ensure their reliable operation to support the Climeworks Vision.
- You turn validation ideas rapidly into usable prototypes and test installations and plan, organize and coordinate the test activities in the context of product development incl. developing test specifications and assure reproducible tests.
- You enable the collection of test data and prepare test data for further usage incl. ensuring the quality of test results and analyse measurement uncertainty and you interact with internal and external partners to allow fast prototyping.
- You also enable the testing of new hardware components as well as testing of new sorbent materials and adsorption processes and you are responsible for the operation and maintenance of the new and existing testing facilities.
- You work in close collaboration with internal and external partners to design and build new test facilities and coordinate internal or external work packages.
- You suggest optimizations to current test setups and implementation after approval and you ensure that the measurement set up fits the required accuracy and fits the purpose, i.e., allows a thorough characterization of the system.
- You continue to update the project documentation of the assigned testing facilities and you are responsible for the assigned test facilities during commissioning, validation, operation and maintenance.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in process engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- You have knowledge in the field of testing.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar field preferred.
- You also gathered knowledge of testing process design on a small and medium scale.
- You have hands on experience in agile testing and rapid prototyping and knowledge in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.
- You can work in a team and coordinate work packages and with unknown or lacking information, flexibility, adaptability.
- Your excellent communication and organizational skills set you apart and you can easily work in an interdisciplinary team.
- You are independent, reliable and you have a structured way of working, quality awareness and willingness to learn.
- You are business fluent in English and German.
- You are willing to travel occasionally.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.