Frequently asked questions
How does the climate action plan work?
With the climate action plan, you choose to remove CO₂ on a regular basis, either monthly or yearly. You can set it up as follows:
- Choose your CO₂ amount: you can either choose a preset amount of CO₂ that you’d like us to remove in your name or tell us your own custom amount.
- Select a monthly or annual plan: you can decide how frequently you’d like to pay, either monthly or annually
- Cancel any time: there are no strings attached. You can cancel your subscription any time.
Do I get some sort of certificate?
- Yes, you do! You’ll find your CO₂ removal order confirmation in your account as a PDF document. Here we state the amount of carbon dioxide ordered in your name. No one else can stake a claim to that amount.
How long does it take you to remove the CO₂?
- In line with our plants' operation schedules, CO₂ removal orders are carried out within 6 years. That means 6 years from your one-off order or 6 years from each monthly subscription order.
Can I deduct the subscription from tax?
- Unfortunately, no. The purchase of Climeworks’ carbon dioxide removal services isn’t tax-deductible as a donation because Climeworks provides a service in return for payment and isn’t a charitable organization.