Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- You mission at Climeworks is to establish the safety standards for Climeworks’ construction sites around the world.
- You drive a culture of “Zero Harm” during construction.
- You develop the safety standards needed in contract documentation. You work with the project construction safety engineer to ensure these standards are administered at site.
- You develop and deliver site emergency response plans.
- You lead safety moments and toolbox talks.
- You perform safety investigations and close-out.
- You assist the HSE manager in developing safe systems of work, and delivering onboarding and continuous training to new joiners – internal and external.
- You improve and administer permit to work system.
- You evaluate contractor safety policies and procedures.
- You conduct routine safety walks and continuously drive safety culture on-site.
- You hold a undergraduate degree in Occupational Safety and/or equivalent degree. Technical degrees e.g. Engineering, with practical Safety experience will also be considered.
- You have a construction HSE qualification or equivalent.
- You have at least years of practical experience at industrial gas, power plants, petrochemical or other heavy industrial sites.
- You gained a strong knowledge of construction safety.
- Primary work location will be Climeworks corporate headquarters in Zurich, with extensive site travel expected during construction phases.
- You are fluent in English.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.