Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to take part of the electrical engineering for industrial scale Direct Air Capture (DAC) plant projects, making sure the electrical system is being delivered on time and within scope and budget.
- You create and update technical documentation for the plant’s electrical system (Circuit diagrams, Bill of Materials, Cable lists) and assure compliance with respect to relevant electrical and safety standards and guidelines.
- You are an experienced EPLAN user, who can support less advanced users by organizing formal trainings or by supporting them on their tasks.
- You support Lead Engineer in planning and executing the electrical engineering within DAC plant execution projects, ensuring scope, quality and cost targets are met.
- You work close with the Product development and Commissioning teams and provide support during assembly and testing of electrical panels, cables, and other electrical equipment in a DAC plant.
- You support Procurement in purchase of equipment, by creating bill of materials and purchase requisitions.
- You also are responsible for personal safety and working within the Climeworks Health & Safety procedures.
- You will coordinate external partners and EPC Contractors along the life cycle project, to ensure meeting schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the Climework’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule.
- You develop and document efficient work processes and make sure lessons learned are collected and implemented in future projects.
- You hold a degree from a higher technical school.
- You have at least 5 years’ work experience in electrical distribution system engineering, specifically in electrical installation or assembly of electrical cabinets.
- You have experience with testing electrical cabinets and cables.
- You are a proficient user of EPLAN tool, with basic knowledge of CAD software, such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- You are familiar with the current standards and directives in electrical and automation engineering.
- You are a reliable person who has a structured way of working, consistently delivers high quality work and is willing to learn.
- You are able to travel 20% of the time for factory inspections and site support.
- You have excellent communication skills and love to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- You are fluent in German and on advanced level of English.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We don't accept candidates from agencies for our positions.