Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
Your Mission: At Climeworks, we are on an ambitious journey to secure several billion USD in equity over the upcoming years to fuel our growth and innovation. In this pivotal role, you will be at the heart of our financial strategy, working closely with senior leaders to shape and execute our equity capital market strategy. Your contributions will be crucial in enabling Climeworks to reach new heights, providing us with the financial stability and resources needed to continue our mission.
- Lead the development and execution of Climeworks’ equity capital market strategy, collaborating closely with the CFO, Legal team, and external advisors.
- Oversee investor relations activities with a particular focus on the European market, including cultivating and maintaining a robust pipeline of potential investors.
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence, financial modeling, risk analysis, and mitigation to structure equity investments.
- Collaborate with the legal team and advisors to prepare engagement letters, investment agreements, shareholder agreements, and other necessary documentation.
- Manage relationships with financial advisors and banking partners to optimize support for Climeworks.
- Ensure alignment with public funding initiatives and asset-level activities, and represent Climeworks at public events, confidently interacting with senior political decision makers.
- Take full accountability for the entire transaction process of complex equity transactions, from initiation to closing.
- Clearly communicate complex financial strategies and decisions across various levels of the organization, ensuring transparency and understanding.
- Advanced degree in business, economics, or a related quantitative discipline, with over 10 years of corporate finance experience, particularly in private and public equity capital markets. MBA or CFA qualifications are an advantage.
- Experience in an investment bank, corporate, or scale-up environment is preferred, ideally a mix of these, with a preference for candidates from investment banking at minimum VP/ED level or higher. Ideally you bring a deeper technical understanding of industries like renewable energy, utilities or oil & gas.
- A broad network of investor contacts and proven investor relations and engagement skills.
- Broad corporate finance knowledge, experience in bank engagement and book building, and familiarity with capital market requirements, regulations, and reporting.
- Exceptional project management skills, with a creative mindset to think out of the box and make the impossible possible.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on inspiring others, thinking systematically, and fostering collaboration. Ability to communicate complex matters effectively at various organizational levels and strong writing competencies.
- A very strong networker with a strong commercial mindset, willing to work against clear and quantifiable targets. Business fluency in English is required and you are willing to travel up to 20% of the time. Additional languages are a plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.