Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to lead and build the manufacturing engineering team which will have responsibility for design for manufacturing (DfM), design for assembly (DfA), design to cost (DtC), make vs buy strategy, manufacturing operations and vendor supervision, and production planning.
- You collaborate tightly with product design to implement DfM, DfA and DtC initiatives to ensure that our cost and production ramps are met.
- You provide technical guidance to the supply chain team as we scale our DAC machine production from prototypes to serial production.
- You develop RFQs for supplier sourcing and support procurement in negotiations ranging from purchase parts agreements to contract manufacturing services.
- You define Climeworks scale-up strategy and level of vertical integration.
- You supervise and lead manufacturing production operations at toll/contract manufacturers and sub-suppliers.
- You plan product manufacturing to ensure project execution schedule are met.
- You develop and improve manufacturing processes to ensure product quality and meet production timelines.
- You design and source vendors for manufacturing lines for in-house vertical integration of product manufacturing.
- You completed a master's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering.
- You have practical experience in design for manufacturing, vendor supervision and building manufacturing lines for manufacturing processes focused on mechanical joining and welding, and assembly & test.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, with a proven track record of success in a similar role.
- You also have experience in ramping manufacturing from prototype to high-volume serial production and in developing scopes of work for manufacturing line CAPEX.
- You also gathered experience in both technical and leadership roles, with a willingness to still perform technical tasks while the team grows.
- You have strong leadership and management skills, and your great negotiation skills set you apart.
- You are business fluent in English and you have excellent communication skills.
- You are motivated to travel up to 30% with additional load during project execution.
- We expect this person to be on-site 4 days a week.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.