Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission as Project Development Manager at Climeworks is to lead the development of projects at suitable sites for our Direct Air Capture and Storage (DACS) projects in the USA.
- You take ownership of this process by reviewing established selection criteria, selecting the suitable site in close alignment with all internal and external stakeholders and developing that site towards readiness for project execution
- You lead the Climeworks project team through the early phases of a DACS project such as Pre-Feed and Feed
- You manage stakeholder engagement activities including community outreach and permitting activities for the selected site
- You establish contacts to partners, energy and service providers and lead relevant contract negotiations.
- You hold a Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline or similar.
- You have 10+ years of work experience in project development of which 5 years must have been spent in the USA as Senior Project Manager or similar.
- You have experience in managing Stakeholder & Community engagement for large-scale industrial projects in the field of CCS, with demonstrated track record of constructively incorporating stakeholder priorities into project planning.
- You have a strong network among US-based and international site and/or project development companies.
- You enjoy collaborating cross-functional with different departments and are well-versed with PPA negotiations, Front End Loading (FEL) processes and with contracting and handling EPCs incl. claims management.
- You consider yourself a team player, motivator, and decision maker.
- You are willing to travel up to 60% and you are living in Texas, California, Louisiana or New York, or are willing to relocate there for this position.
At Climeworks, we carefully consider market indicators to determine the compensation model for our positions. The salary range has been set by factors such as function, career level, and location and therefore may vary. The US base salary for this full-time position is typically $140,000-$225,000. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We use the recruitment process to determine your career level, job-related skills, and depth of experience to make an informed and fair salary offer.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.