Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to successfully lead, coordinate, and be responsible for the technical deliverables associated with the process plant to ensure the successful execution of DAC Plants, and to drive collaboration within a cross-functional team of engineers.
- You ensure all technical project interfaces are properly managed and that the actions are tracked to full compliance and delivered as per requirements.
- You effectively manage technical deliverables, work packages and activities (internal & contractors) for all aspects of the engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning and start-up with a core focus on people and management culture.
- You deliver projects in alignment with strategic objectives of Climeworks Group and according to Climeworks Project Lifecycle Framework, you prepare and present monthly project engineering reports.
- You ensure appropriate technical scope, risk mitigation, cost estimate, cost and schedule controls, and audits take place on a timely basis and findings are carried out.
- You completed an Engineering degree and you have at least 8 years of project engineering or management experience.
- You have experience working in an EPC environment, as well as relevant knowledge working in at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries).
- You have proven a practical understanding of project management principles and best practices.
- You gained experience working with projects groups in all project phases, design, risk assessment, execution plan incorporating full life cycle costs and with project scoping, feasibility studies and relative economics analysis.
- You were involved in project management of large-scale process industry projects > USD$300MM.
- You have demonstrated the ability to lead a cross functional team of engineers and to initiate new technologies, as well as evaluate project opportunities.
- You are a great leader and strong communicator who can create a positive culture; you enable fast decision-making, and you have the ability to effectively manage and influence stakeholders of multi-disciplined professionals.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- You are fluent in English; German would be a big plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.