Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
Your mission at Climeworks is to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and smooth operation of our finance processes, embracing the unique development opportunities as we grow.
Your responsibilities include:
- You actively support accounts payable and accounts receivable, addressing queries with suppliers and customers to ensure timely payment of all obligations.
- You support weekly bank payments, bookings, and reconciliations.
- You oversee employee expense compliance and manage the reimbursement process.
- You assist in the preparation of monthly and yearly financial closings.
- You contribute to the improvement of our ERP system.
- You have completed a commercial apprenticeship. Additional education in financial accounting (such as "Sachbearbeiter/in Rechnungswesen" or similar) is a plus.
- You bring a minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in a similar role.
- You possess strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- You demonstrate the ability to work with a structured and detail-oriented approach.
- You have excellent communication skills with a customer-oriented mindset.
- You are proficient in both English and German.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.