Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to independently conduct strength and durability analyses of mechanical assemblies and components using Finite Element Method (FEM) calculations.
- You will plan, accompany, evaluate, and document validation experiments and accompanying measurements.
- You will be responsible for dimensioning and optimizing components in collaboration with our development engineers to meet requirements.
- You will develop innovative solutions for design changes.
- You will engage external partners to ensure product quality.
- You will provide advice on design and structural mechanical issues.
- You will establish systematic-analytical methodologies within the team and develop workflows for FEM simulations.
- You are a proactive and innovative mechanical engineer with at least 5 years of experience in developing industrial serial products.
- You possess a solid knowledge of FEM and structural-mechanical analyses (preferably ANSYS) as well as product development, particularly in durability and thermomechanics.
- You have substantial 3D CAD skills (preferably SolidWorks) and familiarity with common standards from the FKM guideline and Eurocode.
- You have experience in cost optimization of designs.
- You have proficient English language skills.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.