Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to enable Climeworks’ buildout roadmap by identifying and picking winners amongst developing CO2 capture, transport and storage hubs worldwide.
- You support the selection of suitable sites for current and future Climeworks Direct Air Capture + Storage (DAC+S) projects.
- You continuously acquire knowledge of the CCS landscape and developments across various global markets including technical Carbon Dioxide Removals, such as BECCS and DAC+S. This encompasses staying informed about ongoing CCS projects and emerging hubs, understanding the business case for each industry/project within the current local regulatory framework, which includes aspects such as emissions taxation, subsidies, permitting restrictions, etc.
- You stay updated on the state-of-the-art and the future outlook for technology and costs per project type.
- You contribute to the continuous development of Climeworks’ methodology for site selection and to the maintenance of databases related to site selection.
- You proactively seek and establish innovative partnerships with industry players, research institutions, and governments.
- You hold a bachelor's degree in engineering, earth sciences or a related discipline.
- You bring 3+ years of experience in project development/management and governance in the field of CCS.
- You possess an existing network in the CCS and energy sector.
- You possess a professional understanding of all elements of the CCS value chain, including industries suitable for point-source capture, analysis of CCS market trends, and proficiency in CO2 capture technologies, storage methods, and reservoir monitoring technologies.
- You have a creative and structured approach to solving complex challenges.
- You are fluent in English and you are willing to travel up to 20%.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.