Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission as a Chemical Laboratory Technician for Analytics within our Chemical Sustainability & Quality Team, is to coordinate and perform testing campaigns on Climeworks’ sorbent materials across various production stages (raw materials, intermediate, and finished products) to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- You participate in analytical method development and validation activities for characterizing porous particle/powders.
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams to address quality-related concerns and actively contribute to continuous improvements initiatives.
- You identify and implement new analytical technologies or methodologies to enhance the efficient and accuracy of analytical testing.
- You develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and methods.
- You investigate and resolve deviations or out-of-specification results, providing timely and accurate information. Additionally, you conduct root-cause analysis to implement solutions aimed at mitigating potential issues.
- You adhere to safety protocols and guidelines in the laboratory, promoting a culture of safety and compliance within the team.
- You have completed training as a chemical laboratory technician, holding a Naturwissenschaftliche/r Labortechniker/in HFP certification or equivalent.
- You bring several years of independent professional experience in analytical development or quality control.
- You broad know-how in analytical methods for characterizing solid particle/powders.
- You demonstrate a high degree of reliability and commitment.
- You are solution-oriented, communicative personality with organizational and team skills.
- You have manual dexterity, an independent, autonomous and precise way of working, critical and logical thinking skills.
- You appreciate working in a team and in an environment where not all processes have been defined for years. We value proactivity and personal responsibility in our employees.
- You are Fluent in English.
Your team: As a dynamic and enthusiastic team of professionals, we play a crucial role in driving the expansion of our business. Operating within a vibrant and exciting environment, we are actively involved in various initiatives aimed at continuously improving Climeworks’ technology. We eagerly anticipate connecting with individuals who share our passion and motivation. Join us on this journey as we contribute to a sustainable and impactful future!
What we offer: What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.