Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to commission the DAC plants with a goal-oriented, on-schedule, and sustainable management approach to enable plant availability and CO₂/CDR production.
- You maintain a safe and compliant commissioning environment (safety culture without compromises).
- You plan and execute commissioning and start-up activities for Climeworks’ DAC plants.
- You ensure that the commissioning works for Climeworks’ DAC plants are completed on schedule and within defined cost allocations.
- You contribute to the development and maintenance of processes and tools required to facilitate commissioning and start up activities.
- You ensure seamless and detailed operational establishment and handover for all Climeworks’ DAC plants.
- You completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Process, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- You have at least 10 years experience in plant commissioning, operation and maintenance in the process engineering industry, thereof at least 6 years in commissioning (3 years on site).
- You have gathered 2 years experience in project management and have proven work experience in a scale-up and/or first-of-its-kind environment.
- You have detailed knowledge of processes and equipment relating to gas and/or steam-based industrial-scale processes.
- You are driven to achieve unprecedented scale-up steps and timelines.
- You are a highly structured and fast decision taker and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- You are a strong coordinator, communicator, and collaborator.
- You are living in California, New York, Washington DC, Texas, Missouri, North Carolina or are willing to relocate there for this position.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are willing to travel up to 80% of the time.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.