Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to further develop and maintain our Azure Data Infrastructure, ensuring the efficient and scalable ingestion and management of our IoT and Business Data.
- You perform Data Modelling, set-up, further develop and maintain various Data Bases and their data pipelines (IoT, Business).
- You work with different business units across Climeworks to provide data solutions and enable various data/analytics use cases.
- You have a bachelor or master’s in computer science or related fields.
- You have a strong knowledge and experience of Azure Data Services / Azure Technology Stack and Databricks, ideally recognized with certifications (e.g. Azure Developer, Azure IoT Developer, Azure Data Engineer, Azure Database Administrator, Databricks Certifications).
- You are familiar with Infrastructure as Code.
- You have experience in ETL / ELT pipelines (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Spark jobs).
- You bring extensive experience in Python (ideally including PySpark, e.g. using Databricks), any additional programming language is desirable.
- You have experience with DevOps/Git, CICD.
- You have experience with Delta Lake.
- You have experience with IoT Edge technologies (Azure / open source solutions).
- Ideally you have experience with containerized applications and with Data Science and Machine Learning.
- You are self-driven, proactive, persistent, and enjoy doing hands-on work.
- You are a team player and thrive in an environment that is fast-growing and not yet fully defined and established.
- You are fluent in English; any German knowledge is a plus.
Your team: As a young, passionate, and highly motivated team, we enable our business to massively scale up. A dynamic and exciting environment with many data initiatives in the pipeline. We would love to meet you as motivated and experienced person!
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.