Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to contribute to the development of engineering solutions, gaining hands-on experience in the design and prototyping process.
- You assist senior design engineers in creating and refining product designs, offering support in 3D modelling, drafting, and prototype development.
- You utilize CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCAD) to create and modify 2D and 3D drawings, components, and assemblies under the guidance of senior engineers.
- You maintain accurate design documentation, including drawings, specifications, and bills of materials, ensuring compliance with organizational standards.
- You aid in the fabrication and testing of prototypes, conducting basic tests and experiments to validate design concepts and troubleshoot issues.
- You collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, learning from experienced engineers, and contributing to the successful execution of design projects.
- You participate in design reviews and quality assurance processes, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement in a supportive role.
- You hold a bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- You have basic understanding of engineering principles and design concepts.
- You are familiar with CAD software, with the ability to learn and adapt to new tools.
- You have strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- You have effective communication skills and a willingness to learn from experienced team members.
- You also have an enthusiasm for problem-solving and creative thinking.
- You are able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- You have an eagerness to develop technical skills and advance in a design engineering career.
- You are familiar with DAC technology and processes.
- You are business fluent in English.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.