Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- As the “Director Carbon markets” at Climeworks, your mission is to actively shape the development of the global Carbon markets. You ensure the right incentives are set on a global level, for the Carbon dioxide removal (CDR) industry to scale and contribute to meeting the Paris Climate agreement.
- You lead, build up and set the agenda for the carbon markets team at Climeworks.
- You are responsible for accelerating, coordinating, and leading the path towards recognition of CDR in the relevant VCM standards.
- You create the required ecosystem and develop the partnerships to achieve your goals.
- You develop the concepts to eventually transition to a Compliance Carbon Market for CDR.
- You establish Climeworks as a thought leader on carbon markets and ensure our insights are easily understandable and digestible for our corporate partners and internal stakeholders.
- You help shape the Climeworks company strategy and ensure it is in line with the latest developments in the carbon markets.
- You represent Climeworks in relevant external stakeholder groups and at conferences.
- You are an inspiring and compassionate leader for your team with a high EQ.
- You have at least 8 - 10 years of work experience in shaping and developing Carbon markets, with 3 - 5+ years in a people leadership position.
- Excellent academic record in relevant field (e.g., Economics, Policy, Business) and experience in a fast-paced environment (Consulting, Private equity, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Voluntary Carbon Markets (e.g. SBTi, ICVCM, EU-CRC-F, Gold Standard, Verra, GHG protocol, CDP, etc.) is required, expertise on Compliance Carbon Markets (e.g. EU ETS, CORSIA, Article 6, etc.) is a plus.
- Strong network with various relevant stakeholders in the carbon markets.
- Visionary leader with ability to set clear objectives and build up a strong team.
- Outstanding business judgement, commercial drive and “out-of-the-box” thinking to solve and structure complex problems.
- Ability to break down complex topics into simple and easily digestible messages.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with senior external partners and internal teams.
- Proactive team player, eager to contribute to the growth of Climeworks.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.