Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to operate and maintain the Climeworks DAC plants Orca & Mammoth to produce > 30’000 t CDR from mid-2024.
- You will be OKR oriented and support the sustainable operation and maintenance of the Orca & Mammoth plants to ensure availability and CO2/CDR production to secure the sales targets and to achieve the Climeworks Vision.
- You maintain a safe and compliant plant operation (safety culture without compromises).
- You plan and execute the daily Plant operation and the plant optimization projects.
- You implement, operate and maintain the Mammoth Plant.
- You are also responsible for Engineering Management, including management of the Plant Operations engineering team.
- You maintain required processes and tools.
- You hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent in process engineering or related discipline.
- You have at least 12 years experience in plant commissioning, operation and maintenance in process engineering industry, thereof at least 6 years in O&M.
- You also gathered experience in commercial plant operation incl. plant improvement.
- You have a proven, multi-year operation and maintenance track-record in process engineering industry.
- You have knowledge in process engineering design and with data processing and management.
- You are driven to achieve unprecedented performance in scale-up venture.
- You are a strong coordinator, communicator and collaborator and are driven by performance indicators.
- You are a continuous, persistent and sustainable improver.
- You are fluent English.
- You are willing to travel up to 40%.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.