Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to implement and maintain crucial support infrastructure for our Orca & Mammoth DAC plants. Focus on OKR-oriented and sustainable operation to ensure plant availability, meet CO2/CDR production targets, and align with Climeworks Vision.
- You are responsible for maintaining a safe and compliant plant operation with a commitment to a safety culture without compromises.
- You will operate and maintain Climeworks Mammoth efficiently.
- You should implement and maintain necessary supporting infrastructure and services for smooth plant operations and maintenance.
- You are tasked with developing an employee training plan and maintaining training records.
- You will play a crucial role as the local purchasing and logistics representative.
- You will be the liaison with the construction and commissioning teams.
- Your responsibility includes effective document management.
- You hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering or a related discipline.
- You have at least 6 years of experience in plant commissioning, operation, or maintenance within the process engineering industry and can provide a wealth of knowledge.
- You have experience in managing facilities and vendors.
- Your expertise includes familiarity with purchasing processes and logistics processes.
- You have a background in managing training.
- Your technical knowledge and capabilities extend to areas such as process engineering, mechanical equipment, or electrical equipment.
- You are customer-oriented and a strong planner, coordinator, communicator, and collaborator.
- You are self-reliant, organized, and structured.
- You demonstrate a commitment to continuous, persistent, and sustainable improvement.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You are willing to travel up to 40%.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We don’t accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.