Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
Climeworks is on a mission to empower people to fight global warming by permanently removing carbon dioxide from the air. We're growing our team in the US and are looking for a Finance and Accounting Manager who will not only take on entity responsibility as an integral part of their job but will also be enriched with vital functions that interface with our FP&A, Treasury, and Tax departments.
- You assume full responsibility for the financial operations for our US legal entities, ensuring compliance with US GAAP accounting standards and actively participating in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closings, including engaging with auditors.
- You oversee accounts payables and accounts receivables and make decisions regarding their accurate accounting treatment.
- You act as a primary interface for FP&A, supporting local stakeholders. This includes budget forecasts, financial controlling, variance analysis, and other relevant tasks.
- You collaborate closely with treasury to manage cash flow, financing, and risk management strategies.
- You coordinate with the group’s tax manager and local advisors to ensure the US entity's compliance with tax obligations.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of accounting experience, with several years in a Senior or General Ledger Accountant role being highly desirable.
- Proficiency in US GAAP is essential; possession of a CPA or equivalent certification is mandatory.
- You demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a drive for identifying and rectifying process inefficiencies.
- You consider yourself an outstanding communicator, capable of engaging with all organizational levels.
- You are eager to embrace challenges in a fast-paced environment and are keen to contribute to an industry at the forefront of fighting global warming.
Disclaimer: You are living in Austin, Texas or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward to meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.