Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to comprehensively manage suppliers for Steel Structure & Sheet Metal Structures, ensure a stable supplier portfolio for future large projects, and expand the existing portfolio with best-in-class supplier.
- You are responsible for the management of the category Steel Structure & Sheet metal structures and related commodities.
- You optimize the existing supply chain to ensure the best quality and prices.
- You set up an international supplier network – mainly in Europe – to deliver globally.
- You are responsible for the onboarding of best-in-class suppliers to bring existing technology further.
- You implement and optimize processes.
- You manage the Supplier Performance (C,Q,D) and Risk.
- You hold a university degree (at least Bachelor) or comparable diploma.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in Strategic Procurement in steel construction, mechanical engineering or comparable industry.
- You have top negotiation skills in complex agreements (framework agreements, LoI, etc.).
- You know the interrelationships between the individual disciplines in plant construction.
- You gathered long-term experience in managing strategic categories, such as steel constructions and assembly services (integrators).
- You have deep technical knowledge and understanding of processes.
- You gained experienced in working at an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or EPC in steel construction industry.
- You have excellent analytic and methodical skills and profound communication skills.
- You lead suppliers and internal stakeholders tightly according to Climeworks’ goals with ease.
- You have the ability to coordinate interdisciplinary tasks.
- You stay focused and know how to rearrange priorities in a very dynamic environment and have the strong ability to assert oneself if necessary.
- You are a great team player who feels comfortable in an international team.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You are willing to travel up to 20% for this position.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.