Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to manage complex public funding programs with a wide array of internal and external interfaces to contribute to Climeworks scale-up.
- You orchestrate and write grant applications at significant scale.
- You identify funding opportunities and get your targeted projects off the ground.
- You design and structure internal grant application processes.
- You facilitate regular exchange with respective project managers across functions to identify and assess further funding opportunities.
- You administrate grants after successful applications.
- You align public funding opportunities with other sources of financing and strive for optimal funding structures on a corporate and project level.
- You completed a university degree or equivalent in Business, Economics, or a related/quantitative discipline.
- You look back to at least 7 years of financing related experience; of which you have 3 years of explicit public funding experience either on the raising or granting side of public funding.
- You ideally possess a network of contacts in US institutions or in Europe and bring a broad knowledge of public funding, preferably in industries such as renewables or utilities.
- You exhibit strong commercial acumen and a willingness to work against clear and quantifiable targets.
- You can communicate complex matters at various levels of hierarchy.
- You are willing to travel 20% of the time.
- You are living in Texas, New York, Washington D.C or are willing to relocate there.
At Climeworks, we carefully consider market indicators to determine the compensation model for our positions. The salary range has been set by factors such as function, career level, and location and therefore may vary. The US base salary for this full-time position is typically $120,000-$170,000. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We use the recruitment process to determine your career level, job-related skills, and depth of experience to make an informed and fair salary offer.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.