Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to establish Climeworks’ global safety policies to drive a culture of “Zero Harm”.
- You build and maintain the processes and tools to ensure the safety of all Climeworkers and compliance with local rules & regulations.
- You build and grow a world-class team to lead all safety functions needed in Climeworks.
- You establish best safety practices across Climeworks’ vertically integrated operations:
- Workplace – Develop the same safety culture within the workers in the office environment as those on-site.
- Laboratory – Assess and control the hazards in our chemical synthesis facilities.
- Testing – Assess and control the hazards in our small scale direct air capture (DAC) test facilities and prototypes.
- Construction – Develop policies and procedures needed in our contracts and construction site for execution of our megaprojects.
- Operations – Ensure the safety of all operators on-site at Climeworks DAC plants.
- You ensure incident investigations are carried out timely and accurately, with lessons learned cascaded through the company.
- You are overall accountable for HSSE topics and communication to senior management.
- You develop and administer HSSE training programs for Climeworks in the workplace and on-site.
- You grow Climeworks’ strengths in environmental protection, hazardous material management, and security protocols.
- Line management responsibilities are expected. Strong leadership and collaboration skills are expected of the HSE manager.
- You hold a undergraduate degree in Occupational Safety and/or equivalent degree. Technical degrees e.g. Engineering, with practical Safety experience will also be considered.
- You have a construction HSE qualification or equivalent.
- You have at least 10 years of practical experience at industrial gas, power plants, petrochemical or other heavy industrial sites.
- You have leadership experience with managing and building new teams.
- You primary work location will be Climeworks corporate headquarters in Zurich, with site travel expected as determined by business needs.
- You are business fluent in English and German.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.