Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- You execute the conceptual and detailed design of our next big plant.
- You create and maintain PFDs and P&IDs.
- You simulate our plants to design and optimize them.
- You size and specify process equipment.
- You evaluate innovative industrial technologies that can be integrated into our design.
- You analyze data from our current plants and generate improvement insights to optimize operation.
- You are motivated to complete a 6-month internship with us. The internship starts April 2024.
- You have completed a university degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering or any related engineering discipline.
- You have a deep understanding of heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid flow and separation processes.
- You take ownership of your work and operate with a high degree of autonomy.
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced and interdisciplinary setting.
- You have a structured approach to problem-solving.
- You are proactive and a fast learner who is eager to grow within Climeworks.
- You are fluent in English, German knowledge is a plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. Successful completion of the internship may lead to an offer for a permanent, full-time role within the company.
We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates profiles from agencies for our positions.