Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to be an integral part of the project team, dedicated to delivering high-quality projects that align with our goals and visions.
- You will be dedicated and accountable to the Project Manager/Director to support the design processes so that a complete design package is delivered to the organization as per the agreed schedule.
- You will report directly to the Project Engineering Manager so that the organization maintains a single point accountability for the overall electrical and interfaces within the plant.
- You provide input to the development of project specifications, bid packages, work execution packages, etc.
- You will coordinate external partners and EPC Contractors along the life cycle project, to ensure meeting schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the Climeworks’ expectations, scope, budget and schedule.
- You support the EPC Electrical system group to produce the FEED, studies, detail design, fabrication and Electrical deliverables.
- You identify and manage engineering discipline risks to minimize the impacts on project delivery.
- You review, update and provide guidance on the Electrical design with a multidisciplinary integrated vision: electrical systems, controls, instrumentation, process and general arrangement.
- You work as part of the execution project team to support other engineering disciplines wherever required to complete all engineering packages.
- You interact with equipment vendors and building fabricator to ensure building and electrical equipment are delivered as per the agreed Required at Site (RAS) dates.
- You actively participate in various engineering and construction reviews and in setting up Bills of material and introduce articles into our ERP system.
- You are responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Climeworks Quality Assurance systems.
- You develop and/or update Climeworks specifications and procedure related to Electrical engineering.
- You also are responsible for personal safety and working within the Climeworks Health &Safety procedures.
- You will work on site for some periods to provide Commissioning and Operations support where needed.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or technical diploma with equivalent years of experience in power systems, and/or power plants, oil & gas industry.
- You have a minimum of 15 years related power systems/plants or oil & gas experience.
- You demonstrated design experience for electrical distribution systems at MV and LV levels, including providing engineering deliverables which are issued for construction.
- You also have experience in project scoping, feasibility studies and relative economics analysis.
- You have expertise in development and preparation of Electrical Single Line Diagrams.
- You demonstrated design knowledge and skills in the fields of Hazardous Area Classification, Major Electrical Equipment Specification, E-House layout. Grounding & Bonding design etc.
- You have the ability to complete engineering studies, for example area classification, load flow, short-circuit and arc-flash studies using appropriate software (ETAP or similar).
- You manage internal resources, EPC contractors and 3rd party technical consultants to complete engineering deliverables, effective execution and support to all phases of projects.
- You witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for Electrical equipment, Transformers, Switchgear and MCCs.
- You provide support to Procurement team on vendor / equipment selection on as required basis.
- You are conscientious of Safety requirements, Risk analyses, familiarity with EH&S requirements and knowledge of relevant local regulations including OHSA.
- You effectively participate in inter-discipline technical discussions and decisions to Optimize the plant operation and reliability, to Optimize the process, improve safety and to reduce costs.
- You demonstrated the ability to initiate and champion new technologies and evaluate project opportunity.
- You gained experience in defining FEED and Detailed Engineering deliverables.
- You have good knowledge of international standards and regulations for Process Plants.
- You gathered experience in Process Plant electrical design and in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors.
- You have excellent organizational leadership, interpersonal and technical skills.
- You are eligible to travel and work in the USA.
Disclaimer: This position requires relocation to Austin, TX with travel to Kansas City, MO. Are you willing to relocate and travel?
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.