Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission is to operate and maintain the Climeworks DAC plants Orca & Mammoth to produce > 30’000 t CDR from mid-2024.
- You will be OKR oriented and support the sustainable operation and maintenance of the Orca & Mammoth plants to ensure availability and CO2/CDR production to secure the sales targets and to achieve the Climeworks Vision.
- You maintain a safe and compliant plant operation (safety culture without compromises).
- You plan and execute the assigned daily Orca & Mammoth Plants operation tasks and the plant optimization projects.
- You are responsible for the execution of planned and unplanned maintenance works on the Orca & Mammoth Plants on instrumentation, electrical and control systems equipment.
- You are also responsible for planning and contribute to the development of maintenance regimes for instrumentation, electrical and control systems equipment for Orca & Mammoth.
- You operate and maintain the Orca & Mammoth Plants.
- You support construction and commissioning of the Mammoth Plant.
- You maintain required processes and tools.
- You completed a technical apprenticeship or equivalent in the field of electrics.
- You have at least 6 years of practical work experience (post-apprenticeship) in operation and maintenance in process engineering industry.
- You demonstrated operation and maintenance experience with instrumentation, control system and low voltage electrical systems.
- You have detailed technical knowledge and capabilities in the areas of process instrumentation and control equipment (valves, etc), low voltage electrical systems and DCS systems.
- You have a proven operation and maintenance track-record in power, process, mining, refining or pharmaceutical industry.
- You plan and perform hands on electrical work.
- You are a strong coordinator, communicator and collaborator.
- You are self-reliant, organized and structured and a continuous, persistent and sustainable improver.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You are willing to travel up to 40%.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.