Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to oversee, enhance, and guarantee the safety and quality of welding activities for Climeworks, serving as the vital bridge between suppliers and our internal teams to resolve welding-related issues and improve Climeworks' overall performance.
- You are accountable for effectively monitoring and maintaining project and delivery schedule by coordinating and prioritizing tasks, monitoring performance, providing guidance for welding and related problems, and fostering a positive work environment.
- You are responsible for monitoring project delivery timelines, checking work quality against company requirements and specifications and ensuring compliance with regulations including HSE.
- You oversee the overall execution and coordination of welding activities of subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring compliance with project specifications, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- You are responsible for reviewing and enforcing welding procedures, quality standards Initiates inspection requirements and follows up ITP to ensure the timely inspection of them referenced there within
- You are tasked with prioritizing tasks to meet project deadlines. Monitor progress in welding, address delays or issues, and make proposals for adjustments via reports.
- You are accountable for maintaining accurate records of welding activities, including work orders, inspection reports, welder certifications, and any necessary documentation to be passed on to quality control.
- You are responsible for providing technical expertise and support to welders, troubleshooting welding-related problems, recommending solutions, and implementing best practices to optimize welding operations.
- You assist in identifying opportunities for process improvement, cost reduction, and productivity enhancement in welding operations. Implement changes and initiatives to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Welding & inspection technology or International Welding Technologist.
- At least 10 years of experience in welding supervision.
- 5 years of experience as a welder.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations, such as ISO 9001, ASME and AWS related standards for steel structures, pressure vessels, process piping.
- Proven experience in a supervisory or leadership role within a welding or fabrication environment.
- Strong knowledge of various welding processes, applicability of welding processes, welding related equipment, and base materials .
- Familiar with WPQR, WPS, WQ, welding sequences, traceability of materials and welders. Welding logs and line inspection and test lists.
- Excellent knowledge of national and international welding codes and norms.
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively manage a team and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical drawings, welding symbols, and specifications.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations and practices related to welding operations.
- Understanding of Quality requirements as part of Inspection & Test Planning.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure. Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with attention to detail and quality.
- Experience in integrating in external suppliers’ shop floor teams.
- Demonstrated strong decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to remain calm while taking charge in critical situations.
- Business fluent in English.
- Willingness to travel 80% of the time.
Disclaimer: You are located in Austin, Texas or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We don’t accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.